Illinois SHRM – pretty damn good
I’m told the guys in the picture above are John Jorgenson (@JKJHR) and Dave Ryan (@DavetheHRCzar). I can neither confirm or deny, but they wound up on my phone sometime in the past few days.
I just got back home from the 2012 HR Illinois State Conference, known in savvy social media circles as #ILSHR12.
That means this post is the obligatory post conference wrap post that everyone who is on an event social media team needs to put together.
Here’s my #ILSHRM12 top ten list of the things I liked a lot during the conference. Please note: it’s not a ranking list, and there is no fancy selection methodology. It’s just the stuff I liked and some thoughts on those things.
I’ll summarize the whole event like this: John, Dave and the rest of HR Illinois leadership team are on a mission. They are on a mission to provide a great HR and social media conference experience, and they delivered again this year.
1. The inclusion of unconference type events into the mainstream HR conference event. Think live internet chats, tweetup, and pre-con events.
2. Wireless access (Secure and branded) throughout the event.
3. Awesome keynote speakers including Cy Wakeman, Libby Sartain and Talent Anarchy.
4. Social media lab run by Social HR, providing one to one assistance to conference attendees wanting to know about social media.
5. A beautiful facility at Drury Lane.
6. Great networking opportunities through out the event.
7. Coffee, drinks and snacks were plentiful and available throughout the day.
8. The conference continued to raise the level of social media adoption.
9. Very diverse social media team, including newbie attendees Buzz Rooney and Chris Fields.
10. Faux tattoos.
11. Attendees from other states, as SHRM National, #TalentNet, and #Tchat
12. William Tincup, Curtis Midkiff, Paul Hebert, Craig Fisher, Trish McFarlane, Steve Boese, John Sumser, and a myriad number of others.
This was a great conference again this year, and part of my annual HR conference trinity which is made up by SHRM, IL SHRM and HR Florida. If you are in near Illinois and not taking time to attend, you are depriving yourself.
Up next, the big show in about two weeks – HR Florida. #HRFL12. See you in Orlando.