How to Organize Your Small Business Information
(Cross-posted on Sanera Camp on 5/15/2012)
One of the toughest things for a small business owner to manage is the flow of information, whether it is business or personal. If you aren’t careful, you can swiftly get lost in a swamp of personal contacts, vendor payment information, IRS forms, and human resources transactional information like home addresses, number of dependents, and more. Throw in all the calls from everyone about getting your business on social media platforms, and things can suddenly look really overwhelming.
The good news is that most business people also carry a very powerful resource around in their pocket. This would be your mobile phone – which you can transform into a powerful information management tool by simply downloading some simple low cost programs.
10 Must-Have, Small Business Apps
Here’s a list of ten very powerful, mostly free tools that will help you keep your life and business information properly sorted . The apps on this excellent list , as well as one of the apps listed here were gathered by my friends at Projections, an Atlanta-based company specializing in creating employee communications programs.
- Dropbox is a free service that lets you share files, photos, documents, and videos anywhere, even across several devices.
- Evernote is an easy-to-use, free app that helps you remember everything across all of the devices you use. Stay organized, save your ideas and improve productivity.
- HR At Your Fingertips is must have for any small business owner or HR professional. This app contains a glossary of HR terms, Federal laws and how to create an employee handbook.
- Jobvite Facebook App for Recruiting allows you to effortlessly publish jobs to Facebook and reach a new audience with the Work With Us app.
- Direct Report makes tracking and recording employee feedback easy. You can use Direct Report whenever you need to instantly keep track of and support your employees.
- Upward Mobility creates high end professional educational content for management development and test preparation, and makes it available through mobile apps. Our goal is to keep learners engaged with a mix of wit, humor and actionable takeaways while meeting our customer’s specific educational needs.
- Rypple Mobile can help make your team agile. It is the first social performance management platform you can access from anywhere.
- Labor Stats application from the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)- Download this App for your Android phone or iPhone and you’ll get immediate access to the DOL’s latest published numbers. You can track certain statistics and get the news releases about the numbers. Plus, you’ll be able to open the releases in browser and PDF format.
- Wunderlist mobile app for iPhone and iPod Touch will boost your productivity. Organize your to-do lists on the go and synchronize them with your free Wunderlist account. Access your tasks anywhere, anytime
- Labor Insider app from Projections allows you to get daily labor news and National Labor Relations Board petition info on-the-go.