Why Social Media Matters in Human Resources
This is the 3rd of 4 interview vignettes that I shot for Jobing at the HR Florida State Conference and Exposition. In this one, I share my views on why social media is more than a fad, and why human resources professionals need to understand social media and how it works.
I will be sharing more thoughts on this subject when I speak to the Suncoast Human Resource Management Association in St. Petersburg, Florida on July 14, 2010. If you wish to attend, you can register here. T
Topics I will cover include:
- A quick overview of the social web and tools like Facebook, twitter and blogs.
- Why social media is a critical competency for HR.
- How various groups, including your own employees may be using social media to damage your brand, and how to protect yourself.
- How these tools can help you maintain positive employee relations.
Related articles by Zemanta
- HR Leaders Tout Social Media (6/21/10) — GovExec.com (michaelvandervort.posterous.com)
- Your customers are not using Social Media-Case Study (directmarketingobservations.com)
- Social Media ROI: You Get Out What You Put In (e1evation.com)
- 7 Steps to Creating and Cultivating a Brand in Social Media (briansolis.com)
- Social Media Facts and Figures (slideshare.net)
- Putting the I in Social Media (myventurepad.com)
- Overview of Pepsi’s social-media efforts (e1evation.com)